"What do you do for a living", they inevitably ask. I have always quickly replied that I am a Stay At Home Mom. But, the last two times that I have been asked this question I have hesitated. My last child is graduating from high school in 3 weeks and will soon be leaving for college (and her future). It is hard to say that you are the stay at home mom of an empty nest. Right?
So, I have been pondering how I will reply to this question in the future. Stay At Home Wife sounds so different...so cushy or something. (Thanks, hon, for making it possible for me to be home all these years! I have loved every minute of it!) Know what I mean? After 10 days in Dallas with Lucy and Alli, I think that I am going to answer that question with "I'm a GRANDMA!" What fun it was to spend time snuggling up to this beautiful little spirit. Ahhh! My definition of heaven! Even when those moments come in the middle of the night. I love the touch of their skin,the little noises they make, the way they smell...yummmm! So, here are a few photos of Little Miss Lucy. These were taken a week or so ago and I know that she has changed since these were shot. But, they are fun to see anyway. And hey! I actually posted something on the blog! :)
5 comments:
Little Lucy sure is a joy. We're excited to see her grow and watch her understanding grow.
She is so peaceful and calm. We love her for the peace she brings to our home!
And what a great Grandma you are!
i'm glad you wrote both of these blogs...when i look at the pictures of the girls, i think what it would be like to be with them and your blog was exactly what i pictured it would be like. thank you for sharing. I think being a professional grandma is a good job for you. Love, Charlotte
You're a great grandma too!
Your other answer after your last child leaves home could be... "a grandma and a part-time student" :) You know I have to give you a hard time.
We love you! - P.
Earlene, you could always answer by saying, "Well, my sister says I am the kindest most ethical person she knows, and I am just going to keep getting better at that." Well, on second thought, maybe not (though not because it isn't true). So being a grandma sounds great to me! Love you much, Sandra
Post a Comment