Thursday, May 01, 2008

Alli Balli Bo Bally :)






Oh my! It is fun to see the grandkids grow up and take on such amazing personalities of their own. It was a delight to spend several days with Alli! What a cutie!

Alli will be 4 in June--the oldest of our 5 grandchildren. She has such a delightful sense of humor and a wonderful imagination...and one of the cutest giggles out there. She makes me smile. And laugh. And feel happy deep down inside. Thanks for the fun times, Alli.

We read stories, went for walks, sang songs, made cookies, played games and went to the zoo. She loves to hear stories about when you were a little girl/boy. Without fail, as soon as I would finish telling her my story about when I was little, she'd say, "Wellll, when I was a little girl...and then she'd re-tell your story (with just the slightest differences), as if it had happened to her. And then she'd laugh...and giggle. As you can see from some of these shots, when Alli smiles it fills her whole body and just sort of bursts forth. What fun! She has a lot of love to share and I am ever so grateful to have been able to be a recipient of it for those 10 days I spent in Dallas.

I was proud of her for the growth I have seen in her since we were last together. When she was here in November she had a few things that were a wee bit hard for her...like going down slides, and little things like that. But, she has developed a new confidence that has helped her overcome some of those fears. Way to go, Alli! We all need reminders that we can do things that are difficult for us to do.

4 comments:

jed-laura said...

We loved having you here in Dallas. It was really great.
You are welcome any time to come stay with us.

Alli sure is a fun-loving spirit. We love her exuberance, and excitement for life!

The Rhiens said...

That's good...because it looks like Papa and I are coming back in a few weeks. We bought tickets last night for Memorial Day weekend. I hope that still works out OK for you guys. We are looking forward to seeing you all again, and it will be fun to share it with Paul, too.

Love,
Mom Rhien

Our son Kade said...

These are such great pictures, she just glows! She's such a cutie. Sounds like you had a great trip. Love you. Alicia

Paul and Nicole Rhien said...

It'll be fun to see both girls in just a couple of weeks...

I was telling N. the other day that I think since Alli and I spent some special time when I got home from my mission, that I feel closer to her than any of my other nieces and nephews. I wish I had those same kind of opportunities with them all.

-P.