Saturday, September 27, 2008

Portland Rose Gardens












We had a couple of hours to kill in Portland, before flying back to Salt Lake City. So, we found our way over to the Rose Gardens. SO beautiful! They seemed to be at their peak. It was a beautiful afternoon and we couldn't have found a prettier place to spend it. A young woman played the harp, adding to the serenity of the moment. Ahhhhh.

3 comments:

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

So beautiful. They had a really long year this year - as Blake and Johanna went earlier in the summer and they were beautiful then, too. I can only imagine what it smelled like. YUM !!

Although I will tell you what I told Blake, you cannot truly enjoy the Portland Rose Gardens until you and 3 children are chasing two siamese cats that got loose after you had spent many, many dollars on them for medical treatments.

the cat chase just enhances the experience somehow....

Laura said...

Can I just say,.... WOW!

Blake said...

One of the things I miss about living in Oregon is the roses. We can grow them here, but they aren't as healthy as they were in Portland and Eugene.

Thanks for the pictures.