Phase Two of the trip started off with our catching a plane in Salt Lake City. We actually ended up meeting up with Joanna and Cory in the airport, as we were preparing to go to Portland and they were on their way home from Hawaii.
We flew to Portland and enjoyed some time with Grandma and Grandpa Lusk. They were playing bingo when we got there but gave that up to come visit with us. They looked great!
We visited, Grandpa sang, and we were able to get Grandma set up with a new computer mouse. Scott asked Grandma lots of questions about their past and it was fun to hear their stories. We left Portland the next morning, to go to the coast for a few days, but returned early enough to go by and see them again before flying out. I won't be surprised if Grandma makes it to 100 and beyond. She's still so sharp and alert and her memory is amazing! You'd never know that she is 95 (and Grandpa 93)!
2 comments:
WOW - they left the bingo game to visit with you??? are you their favorites or something. !!! oh, no, wait - that's me... HAHAHA
sorry, I couldn't resist.
I think Grandma looks younger in these pictures than she did 5 years ago. I have no doubt she will blast right past 100 and outlive us all.
My dear old Grandpa looks tired. Thank you for making that extra effort to go visit them. And the folks in SLC. you are a good kid. :)
Yeah...I thought Grandma seemed more vital than even the last two times I had seen her. Grandpa did pretty well the first day we were there, but the second visit he never did figure out who we were and spent most of the time asleep. What a sweet man! We really enjoyed visiting with them.
Post a Comment