Monday, January 07, 2008

Welcome to New Mexico, Paul and Nicole!





Well, we didn't want you to miss the snow of Rexburg when you got to New Mexico, so we had some snow of our own shipped in. So far today, we have 6 inches in the back yard and 7 inches in the front yard...and as you can see, it is still coming down.

We rarely have enough to shovel, but I have been out there for a couple of hours this morning and will no doubt have to go out again in a bit. But, I am not complaining. We have been wanting snow all winter. We are always hoping for a snow day, for a day off from school. Unfortunately, this storm came on a day when there was no school anyway. We'll see what happens tomorrow, when school is scheduled to start back up.

I imagine that Los Alamos is getting more than we are, since they are 7300+ ft. above sea level. It is good that you guys don't mind winter. I think you are going to love it there.

So, WELCOME TO NEW MEXICO! We look forward to seeing you later in the week.

4 comments:

jed-laura said...

I'm REALLY jealous of your snow. Snow like that would put our city out of business until it all melted. That would be fun to take a snow day off of work, and make a few snow memories with my daughter. I don't think we've ever had snow like that here though. Last night and the night before that we slept with our windows open because it was too hot in our apartment. It was about 80 degrees in our house and I was getting a little hot.

It has been gorgeous here though, I can't complain too much. Not in January at least... I think I have a right to complain in August. :)

Hope Paul and Nicole's trip isn't too treacherous with the snow!

Love you-
Jed

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the first year I lived in CA after Chicago, I left my bedroom window open all winter, even when it was in the 30s--it just seemed so amazing to me that you could have FRESH air all winter long! Now of course I'm a wimp like all those other Californians--we leave the heat at 63 all night so it won't be too cold when we get up in the morning.

Love you all, Sandra

Liz said...

Wouldn't ya know it would wait to snow until after I left... BOO! That would have been fun at Christmas. :) It was so fun to see you guys. I really miss being close to home and love it when I get to spend some time there. Not enough, though!
I sure love you.
Love
Liz
(ps- my poem was Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout Would Not Take The Garbage Out by Shel Silverstein, and it is really quite disgusting and not worthy of blogdom.) :)

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

So accommodating of you to import snow and winter so Nicole wouldn't be homesick for Idaho. Very kind of you.

It won't stop snowing here... but it didn't start until just before Christmas, so I can't complain too much.

The snow looks very pretty there. I'll have to get some photos of ours. Love, Charlotte