Darn! I just realized that I didn't take any pictures while Paul, Nicole, Mike, Yvonne and Taylor were here. But, let me tell you, Taylor is one happy baby! (This picture is actually from when they were here in November, but I didn't want to post another pictureless post.) I don't think she whimpered 10 seconds the whole time they were here. She's very outgoing and makes friends easily. In fact, they said that she flirts with everyone everywhere she goes. Yesterday they stopped for gas at a gas station on their way down here and some total stranger thought that she was so cute that he went into the convenience store and came back out with a stuffed animal that he purchased for her. What a cutie!
She loves to talk and jabber! I think that she will be a very vocal child if the present is any indicator. Paul called after they got to Los Alamos and he said they were there, in their new apt. and Taylor seemed to really like it. I could hear her yelling non stop in the background. Not crying, just chattering away at the top of her lungs. He finally had to go in another room because he couldn't hear.
They had talked to the elder's quorum president prior to the move and he said he would have some people there to help when they got there. Paul and Nicole and her parents arrived at the apt. about 1/2 hr. later than they had anticipated, because there was quite a bit of paperwork to do. And when they got there there was close to a dozen men waiting to help them. They got everything moved into their third floor apt. in about 1/2 hr. time. And the Elder's Quorum President was coming back in a bit with a microwave & some sleeping pads (since Nicole's parents will be staying with them for a few days). And they offered to bring dinner. And the missionaries were there to help, too. They felt very welcomed.
One of Nicole's old roommates sisters lives in the ward, so that's kinda fun,too.
They loved the looks of the town and said that it was even better than they had anticipated. They seem excited about exploring the areas. We are excited for them. I bet they are glad to finally get there and get settled in. Paul starts work on Tuesday.
5 comments:
Thanks for letting us know! I'm so excited for them, I bet they're going to have a great time living there, and getting to know the area. Taylor is a sweetheart, very friendly and talkative! We love you. :) Love Alicia
Thanks for posting. Believe it or not - I was sitting next to Alicia while she posted, but she didn't tell me that Paul and Nicole got all settled in. Sheesh.
Maybe she told me and I was involved in the movie. I don't know. anyway - thank you for keeping us updated. We have been concerned as they drove thru the storms.
so glad the Lord was on their side and also that their ward is so welcoming and helpful.
Good Luck as work Paul. We are praying for you all. Love, Aunt Charlotte
I thought you were going to say that they got to their apartment and found that nobody was there to help them... this ending was a much better one. I know that we appreciated our moving help, and the dinner and Gluten-free cake (it was Laura's birthday on the day we moved in.)
I'm so happy for them, and hope that this new job works out to be a great one.
-Jed
Thanks for the update. And Paul and Nichole, good luck with the new job, and getting used to being on the road, and adjusting to a new town, and, and, and. Love to you, Sandra
Thanks for the update. Glad they had help from their ward. We had a similar experience when we moved here and some of those who helped us move in became special friends over the years. Wards are great!
Post a Comment