Hey everyone! This is Julia...I just thought I'd post a few of my favorite moments from our trip to Nashville. It was extremely fun to spend the week with my mom, doing my favorite thing: listening to live music. I'd say it was definitely one of my favorite weeks of all time :). The first day, we took a tour of Belmont (a private college that specializes in Music Business) and went downtown to watch the CMA fest parade and block party concerts. Nearly every other day of the trip included taking a shuttle from our SUPER nice hotel to downtown to listen to music or wait in super long lines to meet celebrities. We decided that waiting in long lines to get autographs is kinda pointless, so we didn't do TOO much of that. Each night, there were HUGE concerts, full of performances by the biggest names in country including Alan Jackson, Brooks and Dunn, Trace Adkins, Dierks Bentley, The Wreckers, Reba McEntire(with Kelly Clarkson as a surprise guest), Carrie Underwood, Sugarland, Sara Evans, Little Big Town, Montgomery Gentry(with Ted Nugent as a surprise guest...does anyone know who he is? because we don't! haha), Jason Aldean, Martina McBride, Billy Ray Cyrus, Jo Dee Messina, LeAnn Rimes, Josh Turner, Gretchen Wilson, Rodney Atkins, Big & Rich, Taylor Swift, Kellie Pickler, Miranda Lambert, Billy Currington, Brad Paisley, and Rascal Flatts as another surprise guest.
I don't want to post TOO many pictures, and bore you, but here are pictures of my very favorites!
1)Martina McBride...her performances were AMAZING. We saw her at the Stadium of Fire a couple of years ago, but she's gotten so much better since then! She was probably my very favorite. Mom and I were crying our eyes out at one point :)
2)Carrie Underwood...it was really fun to see my very favorite country artist in concert AGAIN.
3)Sugarland...Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland was SO entertaining! I'd love to see them in concert again!
4)Little Big Town...for those of you who don't listen to country music, you should really look Little Big Town up. They have beautiful harmonies!
5)Brad Paisley...he is also one of my very favorites...he was SO good at the guitar!
6)Miranda Lambert...we waited in a "photo line" to see Miranda Lambert, so we were on the front row during her set, and it was SO much fun to be right up there!
7)Rascal Flatts...Rascal Flatts is mom's favorite, and one of my favorites, so they were the best surprise of ALL time! :)
8)Reba McEntire/Kelly Clarkson...I've never been TOO much of a Reba fan, but NOW I am! Kelly Clarkson came out and sang a couple duets with her, which was AWESOME because she's my favorite pop artist.
2 comments:
WOW - it sounds like you guys had a great time. We all happen to know who Ted Nugent is - Brian says they called him the MotorCity Mad Man...he was a rock star in the 60's and 70's. Now he is a big spokesman for the NRA and hunts all the time and sings a little country music.
Yeah, Ted Nugent is interesting...I saw him on tv once, and he kind of freaked me out a bit with his obsession of hunting.
Here's a link to a thing about him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Nugent_%28album%29
I'm glad that the concert with Reba convinced you to be a fan - she is SO awesome! I don't love all of her stuff - like the more "western" stuff, but her stuff in the recent years is gorgeous, and I would DIE to see her in concert.
I'm so glad you and mom got to go and do this. Yes, I was jealous the whole time - but it was a good jealous - the kind where you're really happy for the other person. Glad you had a great time - it's so fun to see someone you love enjoy something they get to do!
Post a Comment