




Well, Julia and I are back from our trip to Nashville. We had such a great time! I'll tell you a little more about it all in a later post, but just wanted to take a second to report on Julia's singing adventure. While in Nashville she competed in a youth music competition, with kids from all over the country. It was called the Music City Rising Star Music Competition and was part of the CMA Music Fest. They had hoped to have 250 youth compete, but I am not sure what their final numbers were. I would guess closer to 150, but it is hard to tell. The competitors ranged in age from 12-18. Julia placed 8th in her age division and got a trophy for that.
But, she was also one of 3 competitors to recieve a trophy for "outstanding stage presence"...selected from all the performers (not just those in her age group). She just got up on that stage and had a fun time, and it showed. There were others with stronger voices, but she was quite the entertainer. It was fun to watch her up there. Way to go, Julia!
1 comment:
Hey Julia, you look like a professional--expressing emotion, being poised, having fun! you go, girl! congratulations, Sandra
Post a Comment