Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I left my heart.....


That's right...we just returned from several beautiful days in the San Francisco Bay area. Julia had the week off for Spring Break, and Scott was anxious to take a few days off from work, so we headed off to California at the beginning of last week.

Our trip started off with a VERY early morning flight from Albuquerque to San Francisco, followed by a trip down the coast to Monterey. Our time in Monterey started out with sunshine, but in no time that changed to a light mist, which changed to a fairly heavy rain. But, we didn't let it stop us from having fun. We spent the afternoon indoors at the wonderful Monterey Bay Aquarium, where we enjoyed all the varieties of fish, otters, sharks, jellyfish, kelp, etc.




I think that one of my definite favorites were the beds of live sand dollars...something I have never seen. Very cool!

Gabe, we thought of you when we saw the otters. I remembered how much you liked them on our trip to the Newport Aquarium last month.

More photos to come...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks so much for saring the pictures of your visit to CA. Love mother

Liz said...

How fun! That looks like a great trip! loveLiz

jed-laura said...

Looks like lots of fun. Glad you posted pictures of the trip.
-Jed