Here are just a few shots from my very spontaneous weekend. I took a very unplanned holiday trip up to Salt Lake City. I arrived in Provo at 1:00 AM Friday night/Saturday morning. I got up early the next morning to head out to rent a car. From there I shopped and headed up to Salt Lake City for a surprise visit to my mom in the nursing home. What fun I had surprising her. I entered her room wearing a Santa hat and bearing gifts. We had a wonderful afternoon. I then enjoyed the lights on Temple Square. I tried to figure out a way to get Mother up there for that, but she didn't feel good about heading out into the smoggy winter air. And in the end I had such a hard time finding parking...I was glad that I hadn't dragged her out. She was pretty chipper and had been busy decorating her door.
I then played Santa for my Dad and Carole and enjoyed a visit with them, as well. What a wonderful day! I am so glad that I ended up listening to the promptings in my heart and made the trip, even though it was super short. Well worth the drive! It made my Christmas season so fun and special.
No comments:
Post a Comment