I was tagged by Laura earlier today, so here goes:
How did we meet?
We lived in the same apt. complex at BYU and my roommates introduced me to Scott at Sacrament Meeting. I had just recently returned from my mission, and my roomies knew that Scott wanted to marry a returned-sister missionary. They couldn't wait to introduce us.
Where did you go on your first date?
The Provo Temple. In fact, that is what we did on almost EVERY date. We would head to the temple every Friday evening and eat dinner in the cafeteria and then go through a session.
How long have you been together? Well, believe it or not, we will be celebrating our 30th anniversary on Tuesday, Aug. 19. 30 years! We had known each other for less than 4 months at that point. We met at the beginning of spring term, engaged at the beginning or summer term, and married at the end of summer term. (And pregnant with our first baby just a few weeks later). Crazy stuff!
Who eats more?
Scott! Although you'd never know it by looking at us. :(
Who said I love you first?
Scott, I think...although 30 years is a long time to remember.
Who is taller?
Scott
Who sings better?
I sing more, but I don't know if you could say I do it better. Hmmmm. I don't know.
Who is smarter?
I'd say Scott.
Who does the laundry?
Me
Who does the dishes?
Scott does most of our dishes. He told me when we got married that he does not cook, but he would do the dishes every night. And he has been amazing at keeping up his part of the deal.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
Me
Who pays the bills?
Scott...although I know he wishes that would change.
Who mows the lawn?
Scott
Who cooks dinner?
Me! Like I said, Scott told me when we got married that he would not cook. I thought he meant very often, but he really meant ever. But, he has been so faithful with the dishes that I can't complain too much. And he does take me out to dinner nearly every Friday night.
Who drives when you are together?
Usually Scott, although we take turns on trips.
Who is more stubborn?
Hmmmmm...Me in some ways and Scott in others. I'd say it's a toss-up.
Who kissed who first?
Scott kissed me first.
Who proposed?
That would be Scott, too. Down on his knees in the BYU Botanical Gardens. A wonderful memory!
Who is more sensitive?
That may be another toss-up. Scott has particularly softened as he's gotten older.
Who has more siblings?
Scott has three and I have two.
Who wear the pants?
My first response is Scott, but he'd probably say me. Another tie, maybe? Maybe that comes from being married 30 years. We give and take to try to keep each other happy.
I will try to scan some old pictures for an anniversary post on Tuesday. In the meantime, I tag anyone who wants to answer these questions. I know some of you have already done it and I know that Laura already tagged several of you.
4 comments:
that photo of you two is fun. I Love you!
-Jed
Great answers! I think this is a particularly fun tag for people to do, love stories always touch people's hearts I think. Love you! Alicia
You had sweet answers - It is so hard to believe that we are 30 years older, isn't it? I remember that summer before we both got married so well.
I guess time flies when you are having fun. Love you, Char
Happy 30th Anniversary Mom and Dad!
It's really awesome that you're celebrating such an awesome thing as your 30th anniversary! I really look up to you guys. Hope today is a great day for you both.
-Jed
Post a Comment