Sunday, November 04, 2007

Wow, It's been too long!

Me and Krislyn on our tour of BYU-IMe going on air at the radio stationone of my senior pictures that Rachel took.


Hey everyone, this is Julia here!

I've noticed that we haven't posted anything in such a long time, but I've been SO SO busy since school started, and haven't had any time to post anything.
School has been crazy this year, between a hard schedule of mostly AP classes, choir concerts every few weeks, my senior project, and lots of church activities,my time has been pretty jam packed. I've been getting pretty stressed sometimes, but I've just been trying to keep focused and have a positive attitude.

In the middle of September, we had a three day weekend, so my friend Krislyn and I had the opportunity to take a little road trip up to Idaho to visit with Paul and Nicole (and their adorable little girl) and see the BYU-I campus. We had an absolute blast. It was nice to stop along the way and see Grandparents and visit with them (love you guys!). It was hard to get back home and start school back up, but it was well worth it. I really enjoyed visiting family, having fun with friends, and visiting the campus. I'm planning on going to BYU-I now I think, for those of you who have been wondering.

My senior exhibition project has been a lot of fun so far. Each year, seniors have to do a 30 hour project. You have the option of doing a community service type of project, a job shadowing project, or a giant research project. I've been job shadowing the program director down at our local radio stations(the country station, the pop station, the rock station, and the oldies station). I've gone in to the station, mostly early mornings (at 5:00), to see what goes on at the radio station, and do a little work myself. I've learned about how they decide what goes on the station (mostly according to the demographics of certain genres), what gets played most often, how they program every second of air-time, how the marketing and production of commercials works, and what the live dj's do. I really enjoy the music selection and programming! They actually gave me a job as a board operator during remote broadcasts. When they have live broadcasts, I sit back at the station and make sure that the live talent gets on the air at the right time. I'm really enjoying it.

Choir has been SO crazy this year. In October, we had our fall concert on my birthday, all-state auditions a couple weeks ago (I made all-state by the way! yay!), and a Halloween fundraiser concert. Now that we're done with our Halloween concert, we have a week to learn new music for honor choir, held in Durango, CO this thursday. After honor choir, we have a couple weeks to learn new Christmas music so we can begin our Christmas gigs around town at the end of this month. Our Halloween concert was SO much fun! We dressed up in costumes (I was a mummy), and served a spaghetti dinner down at the old Farmington Lumber warehouse downtown. We performed songs like the Monster Mash, Phantom of the Opera, Double Double Toil and Trouble, Love Potion Number Nine, etc. The warehouse was creepy looking, and Ms. Nickels arrived at the concert in a coffin, which was pretty funny. Anyway, that was fun.

Yesterday my cousin, Rachel,took some senior pictures of Krislyn and I. She did a great job! I'm excited to see all of them! :)

Well, I better go get ready for church. I hope you are all having a wonderful Autumn!

5 comments:

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

I'm so glad you posted. I keep checking every day and there is never anything new. You sound very busy and like you are having a fun time. Don't let the pressure get to you. Everybody feels that way senior year.

My friends are working on the Jewel pass - they don't talk to her mom that often, so they will do what they can. Hope it works out for you. LOVE YOU, Aunt Charlotte

Anonymous said...

What fun you must be having. I am happy for you. Thanks for keeping us up to date. I had no idea all these events were going on! Happy Senior Year

Anonymous said...

OOps. Grandma Marilyn!!!!

Joanna said...

So glad you posted Jules. Your job sounds like fun, and so great that you're doing something in the field you want to work in. Nothing better than checking it out before you spend lots of time and money going to school for something you don't end up enjoying (I've seen too many friends do that).

Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks for Thanksgiving. I have said to Gabe a couple of times, "Guess who we get to go see in New Mexico?"

He will pause...."Hmmm..."

I'll prompt him, "Gramma....and...?"

Gabe - "Grampa!"

Me - "Yup!"

Gabe (in a disgusted voice - as if I forgot) "AND Julia!"

So we're excited to see all of you!

jed-laura said...

Cool Senior pics.. I think they are really nice.

I can't wait to see you soon.

Love-
Jed