Friday, July 07, 2006

Showing off our gift from Papa


I just thought I'd post a picture of the beautiful new wooden screen door that Papa carved for our home. He has been working on it for the past couple of months. He carved it and put it together and Dad did the sanding and staining. Dad and a friend hung it tonight and I think that it looks great with our house. What a gift of love! Thanks, Papa! Thanks, Dad! It will be great for getting some cross-ventilation going in our home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks great! Wow, Papa and Dad, good Job! I can't wait to come and see it some day. We miss you guys, and hope everything is going ok for you. Love ya- Jed

Liz said...

Wow, it looks great! It was fun to see Papa working on it when I was there in June. It matches your house perfectly- it will be so nice to have!

Joanna said...

This looks gorgeous! I'm so glad that it worked out - and it is absolutely beautiful.

Joanna

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

What a beautiful door. It looks so warm and welcoming. Good job guys!!! Love, Charlotte

I'm glad you are back on the blog - we missed you.