Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patty's day!


Top o'the morning to you! Happy St. Patrick's Day. We had a little visit in the night from our leprechaun friend--comes nearly every year on the eve of St. Patrick's Day and leaves a small bowl of green candy by each person's door. He's missed a time or two, but has stopped by almost every year since Jed was in first grade. His teacher told him that if he left an empty bowl out that a leprechaun just might come by leaving treats. He figured it was worth a try, and since he decided to try it, the others decided they'd join in on the fun. So, did he show up at anyone else's house this morning? Wear something green and have a fun day! What are your St. Patty's Day traditions? Post a comment and share them with us.

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Oh I'm so sad that I didn't do this for Gabe. I could have bought him a bunch of GREEN baby food. Bummer. I guess we'll just have to wait till next year...and then he can have some tasty treats (I mean honestly, how exciting is a bunch of green baby food anyway? I think it's kind of nasty.....)

Anonymous said...

My line is I'm not Catholic and I/m not Irish. So forget the green. A Scotsman is an orange man anyway.Ha!
gMarilyn

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

We always have corned beef and cabbage around St. Patty's day, whenever it goes on sale. Then we wear green. Other than that, not much else. Sometimes I wear shamrock "antlers", but I think I must have lost them. Oh well. Love ya, Alicia

Anonymous said...

Amazing. Another holiday food tradition. I didn't even know about the green candy bowl. . .

Working in an office, you just about have to wear green something. Other than that, my big thing is to stay as far away as possible from the "parade" and public drunkenness. I've had the fortune to live in big "Irish" cities my whole adult life--NYC, Chicago, SF. NYC was the worst I think--all these Irish Americqan kids from the long island suburbs would come in for the day and be drunk by 10am. Yuck.
The only good thing about St Patricks day in my book is that it reminds me that the first day of spring is just a few days away. Oh, and Irish Soda Bread.
Love you much, Sandra