Monday, November 10, 2008

Squint and imagine...


Just squint and imagine a new laminate wood floor, the painting touched up (where the electrical work was done the other day), a few more cabinet doors in place, the cabinet hardware on and the appliances back where they belong.

I was going to wait and not post any pics again until the entire job was done, but that might be awhile. So, I decided to post some progress shots, so you can see the countertops, the new microwave/hood over the stove and the new sink and faucet that we just had installed this morning. We're getting there! The floors should be installed in the next couple of days some time. Can't wait! Then we can get the stove and refrigerator back in place and start cooking again. So, here you go.




10 comments:

Joanna said...

It looks great! I really like how the countertops look with the color of the cabinets. It brings out the dark glaze in the grooves (at least in the pictures).

And I think the white microwave and sink will be a great contrast.

LOOKS GREAT!

Ashley Mullen said...

IT does look great. I love the dark counter tops too.

jed-laura said...

cool-
can't wait to see it.

Blake said...

Looks good and I bet being with ing sight of moving the kitchen back into it's cupboards will feels even better :)

kera said...

the cabinets and counters look really nice. i'm jealous...

Our son Kade said...

Wow its beautiful! I love it.

Laura said...

I love it mom and dad, It looks awesome! i can't wait to see it in person!

Anonymous said...

Looks great Earlene. Once the sink is in it it gets better, doesn't it? Do those cool cabinets have cool insides with pullout shelves and things too?

Love you much, S

Liz said...

Ooh, I love the colors! It is going to be beautiful! Can I come over and see it in January? :) We'll be in town the 10th to 17th. Yippee!
I can't imagine how you've gone this long without a kitchen! I hope it all gets finished up for you soon-

The Rhiens said...

Yup, Sandra, the lower cabinets have all sorts of fun pull out features. And we have a big floor to ceiling cabinet that we didn't have before, so we have more storage than ever. It'll be fun. I'm just trying to figure out what to put where. Some things will be the same and some will be different.

Ahhhh...decisions. Thanks for the nice comments, everyone. I'll post more as we finish up. We are getting our new flooring in tomorrow and the next day. And then we can move back in and start using it. (If I can remember how to cook?!?!) Yay!

Earlene