


Last weekend made a quick trip up to Salt Lake City, to attend the Draper Temple Open House. Luckily, Joanna and Cory and the boys were able to drive up from Cedar City and Julia took a shuttle down from Idaho. We all met up on Friday afternoon and headed to the temple. It was cloudy and snowy outside, but oh so beautiful. We drove to a nearby church parking lot where we boarded a bus that took us to the temple grounds. Joanna had been teaching the boys about temples in preparation for seeing it and it meant a lot to us to be able to share the experience with them. Their favorite part was probably the cookies we got at the end of the tour, but hopefully they could feel of the beautiful spirit of the building.
Friday evening Scott and Cory and the boys stayed at the hotel and swam and Joanna, Julia and I made a jaunt up to see Grandma Marilyn. We had a fun time with her and had some good laughs.
Saturday morning Joanna, Cory and the boys swam some more and then we all headed up to visit Grandma and Grandpa Whisler, and went to see Grandma M again. It is always wonderful when 4 generations of family get together to share a little time. Love it!
Joanna and Cory and the boys left late that afternoon to join Cory's family up in Logan for a surprise birthday celebration for his mom.
Sunday morning Scott, Julia and I went to hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the Orchestra on Temple Square for Music and the Spoken Word. Julia's shuttle was scheduled to pick her up right across from Temple Square anyway, so it worked out great to hear the choir. That is always a treat.
It was a wonderful weekend...just all went by way too fast. I was a good girl and did a lot of studying on the way up and back. I even studied by flashlight on the way to Utah, in the dark.
Thanks for making the efforts to join us for the fun, Joanna, Cory, Gabe, and Julia. Wish we all could have been there. We missed those of you who weren't there with us.
4 comments:
great pictures! We miss all of you!
you have sucha beautiful family. I'm so glad you all live close enough to see each other - it is so important for the grandbabies to really get to know you. I appreciate you guys always taking the effort to see the grandparents too.
and good job on your studying. NOW - don't freak out on the tests. You are an intelligent woman and you can do it. just keep telling yourself that. I can do it, I can do it, Ican do it..... LOVE< Your bigger sister, Charlotte
Great photos and I'm glad you had a great time. Glad I popped in to take a peak. It was a full weekend and worth every minute of it, right! Love ya!
Hi! I finally added you to my blog roll. yay! Now I can check up on you guys every so often. It was good to see you yesterday.
Post a Comment